- Use fresh roasted coffee. If you have read our earlier post about fresh coffee, than you know it is essential to use coffee that is within two weeks of roast date! (four weeks is fine, but two weeks is best)
- Get beans from local roasters. Your local coffee roasters are more likely to be using specialty grade beans which are fresh roasted compared to those big chains. Local coffee is good coffee!
- Grind fresh. Make sure to grind what you need within a minute of the grounds and water coming together to form the wonderful thing we call coffee.
- Use a burr grinder. Burr grinders allow for a more even grind. Hand burr grinders can be had cheap online for around $30 or so. Skip out on those blade grinders!
- Use the Correct Grind. Our earlier post talked about the importance of using the correct grind. If you are using a drip machine, use a medium setting on your grinder to get the best results!
Hopefully this list takes your morning from disgusting to amazing!